All Guest Player forms need to accompany the game sheet and be handed to the referee before the start of each game that the guest player is participating.
Any team that plays an ineligible player will forfeit the game.
Important Coach Information
Please read through carefully as your team will be responsible to understand all the information
1. All communication (phone calls and emails) between teams and tournament staff is to be done through the team officials; coach, assistant coach or manager that are listed on the official team roster. We will accept emails from a tournament rep or bench parent that is not listed on the roster as long as the coach is copied on all emails.
2. When communicating through emails, always state your team name, gender and age group, this will save time for tournament staff when replying.
3. Coaches and managers are responsible to communicate important tournament information to their team’s players and parents, we ask that players and parents do not contact the tournament staff directly.
4. Coaches and managers are responsible to know, understand and follow all tournament rules, especially the rules for guest players/trialists. Any team found to have played an ineligible player(s) will forfeit the game.
5. Team officials are responsible for the behaviour of their players, parents and spectators at all times during the tournament. Any team showing unsportsmanlike behavior will be disciplined and unruly spectators may be asked to leave the tournament field area. Any verbal abuse to referees, staff and volunteers by any team may result in immediate expulsion from the tournament.
6. NEW - We will have the coach packets ready at the headquarters of the field where you play your first game. Please pick up your coach packet before or immediately following your first tournament game.
7. Coach packets will contain important tournament information and giveaways from our tournament sponsors.
8. If needed you can play your first game and then sign in your team if that is more convenient, but we ask all teams to make arrangements to collect their coach packet by Saturday afternoon.
9. Scores and team stats will be posted on the official Slurpee Cup website.
10. All teams are required to provide their own first aid kit along with ice packs in case of injury.
11. If needed teams may use bench parents to assist the team on the bench, bench parents do not need to be listed on the official team roster. All teams must have at least 1 team official or bench parent of the same gender as the players.
12. In the event that both teams are wearing like colors, the home team will be required to change jerseys or wear pinnies as determined by the referee
13. The Mercy Rule will be in place for the tournament. No team will be given more than a 5 goal win differential. Tie-Breaking procedures will use stats AFTER the mercy rule is applied. For example if a team wins 6-0, they will only receive credit for 5-0 regardless of actual score.
14. Schedules for the tournament will be available on the website by Wednesday May 22, 2019. Once the schedules are posted, they are final and changes can only be made if there is an error. We do our best to accommodate special requests, but that is not always possible.
15. Once the schedules are posted you will be able to print your game sheets, you will only need 1 game sheet per game and you will give the game sheet to the referee at the start of each game.
16. All teams are expected to attend their scheduled games with an minimum of 5 players for U9 teams, 6 players for U11 teams and 7 players for U13, U15, U17 and U19 teams, and are expected to compete in every game until completion. Any team failing to do so will be assessed an administration fee of up to $500.
17. All teams receiving a medal are expected to attend the medal ceremonies. Any medal-winning team that does not attend medal ceremonies without receiving prior permission from main tournament headquarters will be assessed a fee of $100.
18. We will have volunteers and staff pick up the game sheets from the Referee after the game, teams DO NOT need to deliver game sheets to headquarters.
Headquarter locations by age group:
U9 teams - Belmead – 9109 – 182 Street
U11 teams - La Perle – 18611 – 97A Avenue
U13, U15, U17 & U19 teams - Sister Annata Brockman - 355 Hemmingway Rd and EMSA West Complex - 10059 - 231 Street
18. Proof of player registration must be carried with the teams at all times (provincial registration roster as well as any player cards). The referee will not be checking player cards during the tournament, but you should carry them with you in case of a dispute.
For your convenience will will have food trucks onsite at Belmead U9 Headquarters and a concession at the West Complex where you will be able to purchase food or beverages. Please help us keep the field area clean from garbage and debris by using the garbage cans at each location. We ask each team to pick up any garbage left by their team and spectators after each game to help keep our fields clean.
Parking at some of the fields will be very limited during the tournament especially at Belmead and Sister Annata Brockman. We ask all participants to be considerate when parking their vehicles that they are not blocking personal driveways and are parking only in designated parking spots. If possible we ask teams to car pool to the field to avoid over crowding at the fields.
NEW maps of fields at each location. Click the links below to see where the field is located at each site.